Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My family

Before I go any further on the issues I write about, I would love to write about the positive attributes of my family.

Dad

  My father is an intelligent man. He had his demons and has beat them I think. He was a meteorologist, now retired.
  He tought me all about movies and the actors who played them. He also played me all kinds of music on his stereo, and I developed a love for all kinds of music.
  He encouraged fitness. I ran a few races as a kid, and I got up to 5th place in one track meet. He took me to the Junior Olympics and several track meets.
  Dad loved science fiction. I used to watch Sci-Fi movies with him. He took me to fantasy movies also. One fond memory is of when he took me to see 2001: A Space Odyssey and near the end I was frightened when I saw the character Dave going through the strange journey towards the end.  So we left the drive-in theatre. And the most memorable? Star Wars without a doubt. I fell in love with Harrison Ford and saw it so many more times I can't count them. This includes the sequels and the prequels. Many a long line line I stood in when I saw the movies, of course when they were still in their theatrical runs.

Mom
Mom was a teacher..She encouraged learning. She also at one time was interested in the para normal realm to a point, getting interested in psychics and  the zodiac. She finally settled on Jesus, but that's another story. She endured many things, being the survivor of abuse.

My brother
My brother and I were very close at one time. Then he had trouble coping with me and my quirky nature. He is the father of seven children and he appears to be raising them well. He is a responsible father. He is more accepting of me, it seems than ever.

 Me: I have the whole blog to remember all the things I need to write about so what I'll say now is:

More will be revealed....




No comments:

Post a Comment