Friday, January 16, 2015

Here it goes, my first love, and the first aching, longing, sweet emotional period of pain.

1986

  I finally am now writing about my first love, Danny Myers. It was an unusual relationship. I was a late bloomer of 23 and hadn't even started driving yet. Later in early 1987 I got my driver's license and my first car. But back to the main subject.

  I was working at a grocery store in Stone Mountain Ga.  Our grocery store had a new Grand re-opening, and we had new uniforms finally. We also had several new employees.

  Fast forward three weeks. I had this bagger I thought was around 20 years old. It turned out he was 17. 17!!!!!! Holy crap I was in shock. I had proceded to get involved with our apartment complex's maintenance man. I was so naive for my age, but I was lonely and looking for my prince, albeit in the most dysfunctional way ever.

  Somewhere along the way, the bagger had developed a crush on me. I'm not trying to be conceited, he really did! Even when he got out of school he hung around. My birthday was approaching and he told me at work one day he was going to bring me a cake for my birthday. My 23'rd to be exact. One of the supervisors closed my line off and she had nothing but good things to say about this guy. He brought his best friend along and a Twinkie for me with 2 candles in it. I made a wish and blew the candles out. And thus began the rollercoaster that I called love.

We began to go out, the first date was a sweet, wonderful memory. I fell in love with Danny, however I was unsure if he really had the same feelings. My best friend at the time had the label of "loose" and I thought maybe he thought I was an easy "lay".

  Then came date number 3.  We were in his car, a banana yellow colored 1969 Chevelle.  It was nighttime. He was always playing Billy Joel's greatest hits. That night, when the song "She's Got a Way" started playing, he told me that's how he felt about me. We kissed and held each other that night. I had found my Romeo, and I was his older Juliet.

Unfortunately, the age difference proved to be stressful. He wanted it to progress physically, bedroom physically that is.  I couldn't let it go any further. Danny was jailbait. I had to wait till he was eighteen, no longer a minor. Giving him a hickey didn't help either.His mother saw that thing on his neck and she was livid. We never consummated the relationship, I insisted we wait.

  He couldn't. I had to make to make the painful decision to end it. The next four months he came into the store and I ached for him. It was awful. then I got the news he was moving to Chicago. That cinched it. But it has been a sweet memory of sweet pain and longing nevertheless. I had so much to learn, through trial and error, about everything.

More will be revealed....

No comments:

Post a Comment